Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Gluten Free Doesn't Suck!

When we found out that Hanna B. Nanna was gluten intolerant I didn't really understand what that meant.  I knew the Celiac bloodtest was negative {come to find out that an endoscopy is where you get the real answers} and that after she ate chocolate chip pancakes, she cried because her belly hurt. At 4 years old, chocolate chip pancakes shouldn't make your belly hurt. Our pediatrician sent us home with the instructions to remove all gluten from her diet. Sure.

I quickly became educated on gluten free cooking.  We were making her separate meals which quickly became super annoying. She quickly learned that birthday parties at school were no fun anymore. I felt so sad for her. About 6 months later, I decided that if she had to eat gluten free that I was going to as well. And so when the chef is eating gluten free, so is everyone else. And do you know what? It isn't bad at all. We have survived. We aren't starving. Our food doesn't taste like cardboard. I keep telling people that they eat more gluten free foods then they realize.

I have made some crowd pleasing meals that I thought I would share with you. Make sure you follow me on Instagram and Pinterest so you can check out some others.

























No comments: