Monday, March 3, 2014

March 3rd is Read Across America Day

I am truly lucky that both of my children love books.  I love reading. Their father...not so much. I think it is safe to say they get their love of books from their mother!

When I was pregnant with H.B.Nanna one of my baby showers included a book wishing well {of sorts}. We received so many books! Many filled with thoughtful messages that I love reading. Over the years our collection of childrens books as grown immensely. As in "no new books till we donate some of the ones we don't read anymore." I can't say that approach always works though!

Since I was a child I have been a fan of Corduroy books. I couldn't wait to read them to my children.

 
This book came to us as a gift for the Boy but H.B.Nanna has it memorized and will gladly recite it upon request.
 
 
Another favorite in our home is Brown Bear. Who doesn't love Brown Bear?!
 
 
What are some favorite books in your house?
 
 
 

No comments: