Saturday, January 4, 2014

Trying To Slow Down

We all have those days.  Sometimes they are smooth and peaceful. Other days they are so rip your hair out, is it 5 o'clock yet terrible. But we all have them. We all survive and move on.

I try to remember that they are only little for a short time. That the good outweighs the bad. That I need to slow down and enjoy the little things {the cuddles, the conversations, the milestones} because it a blink they are going to be leaving for college.  Some days that is so hard. I let the need to get things done overwhelm me. I forget to enjoy the little things and stress over what I didn't get done that day. It happens to me and I know it happens to you.

I want to say that it gets easier but it doesn't. I want to say that I am learning to slow down but I can't. I think I don't know how! I start planning all of the things I need to do during the 2 hour nap window {assuming it's a good nap day} as soon as I wake up.  It usually includes showering, dishes, laundry, etc. I never manage to find time for the fun things I want to do. But I need to learn how to do this.

You are probably wondering how I am finding time to write this if I claim to have no time. One child is sleeping, the other is play in her room and I promised myself I would blog before I showered. Mission accomplished. Now if I could only have more days like this!

How do you find time to do all the things you want to do? Not just the things you need to do.

No comments: