Saturday, October 5, 2013

Happy To Me!

Here we are on the 5th of October {I think I am still in denial that summer is over even if it is 85 degrees today} and that means my birthday and my favorite season of the year. I had some time this morning to reflect on the past year, where I am in my life and to think about the year ahead. Since the Boy is napping and H.B.Nanna is on the couch with a fever I have some time to actually sit down and blog. It is so funny to me how birthdays change once you are a parent.  Instead of spending the day out and about, eating and drinking at fun places I am home with a sick child. 

Now don't get me wrong, I love my family and our life here at the beach...but if this morning was any indication of how the next year will be, I am in for it!!  H.B.Nanna has had a fever since late Thursday afternoon and last night was the worst. Like two hours of sleep {if that's what you call three people in a bed and the middle person ,ahem child, is sleeping sideways!} and we were up and mulling about the house at 6am. The Boy started crying to get out of his crib sometime around 5am but I just. couldn't. do. it.

This past year has been exciting/challenging/trying/you name it for me. I adjusted {who am I kidding, I still am adjusting} to being a Mommy to two adorable children. I held the fort down during more then one international business trip for Stephen. Stephen and I had our first "no children allowed" vacation to one of my favorite places. We purged like hell and moved six miles closer to the beach and I have built some really great friendships with some girls here at the beach.

I never imagined this was going to be how my life would be.  I didn't think I would not be working {by choice} and living at the beach. I didn't think that I would have a daughter and a son. I knew I would marry the right man when I met him and I am very grateful for Stephen's Myspace message about my dog.

The next year is going to have lots of ups and downs and I am trying to prepare mentally for them as much as I can. Stephen will be traveling more but I knew that it was going to be happening. We are taking the children on their first plane ride to Disney World.  H.B.Nanna knows we are going but not that we are flying. I can't wait to see her face when she finds out!! The Boy was just diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder and we are going to face some challenges in the next year as we learn how to help him. We are still trying to understand it ourselves and once we have a better handle on it I will be sure to blog about it.

I have to say that overall this getting older thing isn't that terrible.  Happy to me!

No comments: