Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Careful What You Wish For...

As I blogged about not long ago, I was in need of something to focus on. Not that I am not devoting my time to my children and my husband but now that I am not working I felt like I was in need of something else.  What that else was, I wasn't sure of.

Well played karma.

In the matter of short time since I blogged about that, we have decided not to renew our lease in the home we are currently renting, found a new place to rent and are beginning the purging/selling/donating fun that is moving. And I use the term fun loosely.  I have always joked that I was never planning to move from this house because a) it is huge - 4,000 feet huge and b) there is going to be too much crap to move. But the idea of being 1 mile {yep, walking distance} from the beach is really appealing. It means downsizing in home space and crap but I am more then ok with that.  The bedrooms in the new house are what I am used to. I didn't grow up with rooms as large as H.B.Nanna and the Boy currently have. I mean really...I had a twin bed till I was in college.  I think H.B.Nanna will survive the downsize from double to twin!!

So we are busy. Summer is winding down and we are squeezing in guests, trips to visit my parents and all the beach time we can. H.B.Nanna starts pre-k the week before Labor Day. She is beyond excited even though she has been attending some summer camp at the school she attends so she keeps telling me she is already in pre-k.  Yes, Ma'am!

And the Boy is back to weekly PT appointments.  He is having some sensory issues that are {could be} affecting his ability to stand on his own and learn to walk. I am happy the PT is back to weekly.  As a parent you can only do so much to try and help your child. Then you feel like a schmuck when you tell the PT you are having trouble getting him to do certain things and she tries once and is successful. I think it will be good for both him and I. The sensory thing could be something more but it is really to early to speculate and honestly, Dr. Google has my brain fried.

So I guess I have lots to keep me busy now. Lesson learned...be careful what you wish for!

No comments: