Friday, March 29, 2013

Let's Play Catch Up

Good Golly!! It has really been a month since I blogged. Sometimes finding the time to sit and type is harder then you think. Why now? Oh the husband is picking up his race packet for a 5K tomorrow and not 1 but 2 children are napping. At 4 in the afternoon. Gosh do I love afternoon playgroups!!

So what is going on with us? Whelp, Stephen and I are one month into the Paleo diet. It was hard the first couple of days {with the carb withdrawal and all} but once I got over that hurdle it was much easier. I really don't miss the bread/pasta/rice belly bloat! I am down 7 pounds which I am happy about. A few more to go and I will be even happier. I do miss a cold glass of milk and a big bowl of pasta but I'm excited to be buying size small clothes again so I'll take it. And besides, it's ok to have a cheat meal every once in a while. {Ahem..like the pizza we are having for dinner tonight!}

Hanna B. Nanna is sight reading and spelling words like crazy. We are always hearing "What does this spell?" or "How do you spell.." and I love it! It means she is growing up but I love watching her brain process these things. This morning we did addition. Fresh out of the shower she was quizzing me on what 7+7 and 4+4 was. Her listening ears are a little clogged and she most definitely doesn't know the meaning of inside voice. AT ALL. But I suppose it is all apart of growing up!!

The Boy...well he is growing like a weed. Like just a few days shy of 9 months and wearing 12 to 18 month clothes. It's crazy! People are always stopping me to ask me how old he is. If I had a $1 for every person that doesn't believe me or wants to argue that he isn't 1 yet.... And he is crawling!! Army crawling for now but he is starting to figure out how to crawl the right way.

The Helmet? Oh the helmet...so a week was lost during the dreadful brochialitis/ear infection/teething sickness a few weeks back. The rule is if he has a fever then he doesn't wear the helmet. Whelp he ran some sort of fever for about a week. Then it was like starting over with the helmet. Basically, he hates it and doesn't want to wear it. Like wake up in the middle of the night and scream his head off until you take it off. Good times. So we are over it. And that makes me both happy and sad. Happy because we really don't have to deal with it much longer and sad because I feel like it didn't get the opportunity to do all the things it could have done.


4 going on 14??

I always knew I was meant to have a boy!

H.B.Nanna is getting good at her handstands!

Easter 2013
Yes...he really is 8 months, 3 weeks in this picture!

No comments: