Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Germs

I wrote this blog post in my head as I washed dishes and scrubbed the kitchen counter. That has been my life the last few days. Wash dishes. Wipe noses. Sanitize hands. Wash laundry. Give the sickies medicine. Sanitize hands. Keep the house quiet so that one awake child doesn't wake the sleeping child. Sanitize hands. Last week H.B.Nanna's teacher commented about all of the green snot on the playground. I joked that we had been lucky thus far. Then karma bit me in the arse. Thursday night Stephen returned from his business trip to a fussy, teething baby. Friday was more teething fun. Saturday I went for a relaxing pedicure. Only it wasn't that relaxing because the woman in the chair next to me talked my ear off. The entire time. She wanted to be my BFF. Gave me her business card and all. I just wanted quiet time. I returned home to a toddler who didn't feel well. That's where it all went down hill. H.B.Nanna started with a fever, runny nose and cough. The Boy started with it Sunday night into Monday morning. Here we are at almost noon on Tuesday and both children are still sick. H.B.Nanna is fever less but coughing and sneezing up a storm. The Boy is coughing and his two front teeth are minutes from breaking through causing an incredible amount of snot. I have cabin fever and Stephen is working. Good times. Stephen and I? We are praying they don't share with us. Hence the reason for super dry hands from all the hand sanitizer. And honestly, two sick children at one time just down right sucks! So apparently when I blog on my Nook, it is just one big paragraph. Sorry!

No comments: