Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Corrective Helmet Week 1

So here we are 1 week into helmet He@#!!
 
To say he doesn't like it is putting it mildly.
 If he is awake and wearing it chances are he is crying.
Unless Mommy or Daddy is holding him.
Or unless he is sleeping.
 
 
 
I can't say I blame him. 
The thing looks ridiculously uncomfortable.
 
He has had some irritation on his forehead from wearing it.
We contacted the office that we are working with for it.
Instead of him wearing it 23 hours a day, she told us to do
3 to 4 hours at a time with no sleeping in it.
 
Since he hates it and actually sleeps in it, we are letting him sleep in in
which is at most 7 hours at a time.
Then we do a couple 3 to 4 hour sessions through out the day.
 
It seems to work for us. And him.
 
Stephen and I both agreed that if we knew he was going to be so miserable with it on, we would have saved the ridiculous money it cost us for the helmet and tried something else. Such is life!
 
Even my parents dog doesn't like the helmet!
{the dog was not injured in this photo}
 
Here is a photo of the Boy's head shape just before he got his helmet.
I am looking forward to seeing if there is any progress after another week.
 
 

1 comment:

Sadie Ussery said...

Oh I hope it goes well for you guys. None of my girls have had the helmet, but a few of my friends kids did. I hope it gets better for him. Happy new year. Found you on SITS today.
fortheirtenderhearts.com