Saturday, January 19, 2013

Balance

Just like every other Mom out there I struggle to find balance. This isn't anything new to anyone.  Sometimes even those who aren't parents struggle to find balance.

My house looks like a bomb went off in it.  The sink has dishes.  The fridge needs stocking.  Laundry...don't even get me started on that.  H.B.Nanna's birthday presents are still piled high on the dining room table.

I did get my Christmas decorations down.  That's a positive.

I struggle to find time to blog.
I struggle to find time to be creative and stock my Etsy store.
I struggle to find "me" time. Pedicure, Girls Night Out..that sort of thing. 
Exercise?!  That seems impossible. But hello anniversary beach trip in 2.5 months.
I struggle to find some alone time with my husband.

When I do have a few minutes all I can think about is taking a nap or going to sleep.  I am fighting the nap urge as I type this.

It sucks.

I struggle to find that work, family, home and well just life balance.  I keep thinking there has to be an easy way to do this. I mean I do only "work" part-time.  Yep, only 2 days a week. But imagine working 2 days then having a 5 day weekend. Every week.  On paper it looks good, hell it sounds awesome, right?  Not really.  At the end of day 5 you have that "Oh shit moment" where you realize you have to work for a paycheck the next 2 days.  It's hard to turn your brain into work mode when it has been out of work mode for so long.  And as you are working, you spend your time thinking about all of the things you could be doing around the house and for your children.

The Hubs suggested we keep a detailed calendar blocking out hours of our lives for certain things.  I can't do it. Don't get me wrong, I am a planner.  Slightly OCD about having a schedule for the children and knowing what lies ahead for the next week or two.  But breaking it down by hour..every.single.day..is a stretch. Things happen to throw a schedule off. And then I will stress about it. And honestly...who needs more unnecessary stress in their life?  Not me.

So in the mean time I will continue to struggle to find balance. I will live in a messy house.  My blog will only see updates a couple times a month.  My Etsy store will remain barely stocked.  I will not be in shape for my anniversary trip.  I will continue to be tired. Laundry will continue to pile up.   But my children will be loved. And in the end...that is all that is important.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Amen! This is so true. I don't work, well beside being a mom and homeschooling, but in the tradition sense of the word, and I still struggle. Somehow there is never enough time in the day, week, month or year. Sigh. But my daughter knows she is loved, my family knows they come first and I try to cherish everyday.

-Amanda
www.beringseaadventures.blogspot.com