Thursday, July 19, 2012

Adjusting..

I forgot how exhausting the first few weeks with a newborn are.  Add a sick toddler to that and things are just all out crazy. I'd like to say I am not tired, I am getting some sleep at night but I don't know that I would call it great sleep. But I know better then to expect great sleep. 

Everyone is adjusting well to our new bundle of joy.  Everyone except the dog.  She has become devil dog.  Eating food that isn't hers....taking trash out of the trash can...being a nudge.  And she is not deprived by any means. I thought I would have more trouble with H.B.Nanna adjusting to Baby Boy but who knew it would be the dog giving me the most trouble.

I have to say that overall, life with 2 children hasn't been all that difficult thus far.  I am sure that sentence will bite me in the arse in the very near future though. My Mom came to visit last week and we took Baby Boy to pick H.B.Nanna up from school then we went to the grocery store.  Thank goodness my Mom was with me because we needed 2 carts - 1 for the children and 1 for the groceries. There has to be a better way I just need to figure it out.  Once I am more comfortable with my Moby wrap, then I am sure this will solve this problem. And Stephen and I survived a long trip to the mall over the weekend.  We only took 1 stroller for Baby Boy and of course H.B.Nanna was tired {and not feeling well} and wanted her stroller.  Lesson learned - keep both strollers in the car. Even if it means absolutely no room in the trunk for anything else.

There is one part of being a mother of 2 that I am having trouble adjusting to.  Lack of "me" time.  I know it has only been 2 weeks but I find myself having mini meltdowns when I am tired and needing a few minutes to myself.  I mentioned it to my Mom and MIL the other day and they both kind of just said welcome to motherhood.  Thanks! Not what I wanted to hear.

Part of the problem is that Stephen works from home {don't get me wrong it has its benefits}. I am so nervous about Baby Boy crying and that someone on the other end of the phone will hear him.  It makes me apprehensive to jump in the shower while he is napping or venturing out of the room in case he starts to cry. I am sure it will get better once I get into more of a routine.  Hopefully once the weather cools down I'll be able to venture out more. When the heat index is 107 the last thing I want to do is go outside!

Alright well my computer time is over...it's feeding time at the zoo!!

No comments: