Monday, June 4, 2012

35 Weeks!!

This is a huge milestone!!  H.B.Nanna was born at 35 weeks and 1 day.  I am sitting here at 35 weeks and 2 days and Baby Boy is still cooking!!  He is really trying to out do his big sister!

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.
www.babycenter.com



Tank:Motherhood Shorts:Stephen's mesh shorts!!!

Sleep habits:  When I finally do fall asleep, I have to wake up to tinkle. Rinse and repeat. I am finding if I stay up later I don't wake in the middle of the night. Whatever works I suppose.

Maternity clothes: Snug. Enough said.

Food cravings: I saw the sign at the liquor store yesterday advertising wine on sale.  I nearly cried. Soon enough.

Symptoms: My belly has dropped.  Contractions are definitely happening. And I have this awful burning at the bottom of my belly {not high like indigestion} and I keep reading it is a sign of pre-term labor. We'll see.

I had a Level II ultrasound on Friday and everything looked good.  They inquired as to whether my doctors mentioned inducing me early.  Since they had not, we brought it up at my weekly visit later that afternoon.  Basically they will start checking me for dilation at 36 weeks.  If I am starting to dilate {I was 2 cm with H.B.Nanna at 35 weeks} then they will discuss taking me at 39 weeks to avoid toxemia. I am ok with that.

Gender: Boy

Movement: Baby Boy has definitely slowed down.  Enough so that sometimes it makes me nervous.  He keeps passing kick counts so I'll take that as a good sign.

Nursery: Not much progress there.  It's lack of energy mostly.  The lanterns are assembled and will hopefully be hung in the next day or two. Clothes are washed and ready to go.  Now we just need a baby!

Next Appointment: Ultrasound and weekly doctors visit on Friday.

No comments: