Wednesday, May 30, 2012

34 Weeks and Post #500!

Did you just ever have one of those days or even weeks where you are ready for it to be over?  Yep. That's me this week. We had a great Memorial Day weekend {and of course no pictures} with new friends and family. Lots of beach time, sunburn, burgers and hot dogs and time to nap.
So here I am mostly through Week 34 and just getting around to blogging about it. Better late then never, I suppose!!

And HELLO?! 500 blog posts! Crazy I tell ya!

Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. Her fat layers — which will help regulate her body temperature once she's born — are filling her out, making her rounder. Her skin is also smoother than ever. Her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.
www.babycenter.com                          

Sleep habits: Sleep?! Not going well.  When I finally do fall asleep, I have to wake up to tinkle. Rinse and repeat.

Maternity clothes: They are getting snug. And I refuse to buy more. H.B.Nanna is still being a helper and pulls my shirt down when it creeps up.

Food cravings: Sweets. And lots of them. I could really go for a cold beer too.

Symptoms: Everything went well at my last doctors visit. The doctor ordered some blood work to check my sugar but since I haven't heard from them, we'll go with the no news is good news motto. The doctor told me to listen to my body and if something doesn't seem right, I need to call.  I think they are concerned that the pre-e could start at any time.
I have a lot of pressure down below and sometimes it is really painful. I also have quite a few Braxton Hicks contractions lately or at least that is what I think they are.  Only a few have made m stop in my tracks. Yikes!
Oh and my belly has definitely dropped.

Gender: Boy

Movement: Oh my goodness!  I think Baby Boy is trying to escape. It is now normal to see knees or feet shooting out my side.

Nursery: I ordered the hanging lanterns last week and they arrived yesterday.  I can't wait to get them hung in the nursery this weekend.
I have some more clothes to wash and a few things to get and other then that we are in good shape.

Next Appointment:  Ultrasound at MFM on Friday morning and weekly doctors appointment Friday afternoon.

No comments: