Monday, May 21, 2012

33 Weeks


This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.
www.babycenter.com


Woah Belly!!
Shirt: Liz Lange Shorts: Gap


Sleep habits: Sleep?! No it's not that bad...but it isn't great. The frequent potty breaks seem to help with the hip and back pain...at least for a few minutes.

Maternity clothes: Some of them are getting snug but I refuse to buy more.  H.B.Nanna will just keep pulling my shirt down to cover my belly.

Food cravings: Chocolate and salty foods. Still.

Symptoms: No L&D trip this past Friday. Wahoo!  My bp is good.  The doctor I saw Friday doesn't necessarily believe that the protein in my tinkle was a false positive.  He says it could come and go. As of Friday, he did not seem to think I had any signs of pre-e.  Holler!!!  But then he said that it could change quickly. So I asked the question...do you think I will go full term?  {That's only 4 weeks away!!!} His answer...with no signs of pre-e {at this moment} he doesn't necessarily think I will go early. 

I love how he doesn't directly answer the question but then again I didn't think he was a psychic.

Gender: Boy

Movement: I think my chunky monkey is getting snug in there.  Sometimes there is big movements, other times there are little ones {like he is trying to assure me all is well}.

Nursery: Baby Boys name is now hanging on his wall. I don't know why but we are keeping it quite.  I think it is because we don't want feedback from the peanut gallery. I'll post pictures, I promise.

There are still a few things to purchase for the walls but all of the nursery essentials are in place.

Curtains hung - check. Crib ready - check. Clothes washed and hung/folded - check. 

Next Appointment:  Another weekly doctors appointment and ultrasound is Friday.

No comments: