Wednesday, May 9, 2012

31 Weeks

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
www.babycenter.com

Better late then never this week I suppose!

Sleep habits: Sleep?! Some nights I get lots. Some nights not so much.

Maternity clothes: Yep. Some of the shirts are getting small and my belly is hanging out.  H.B. Nanna was a helper last tonight and kept pulling it down for me.

Food cravings: Chocolate and salty foods. Yesterday I had to have a tuna fish sandwich which is odd.

Symptoms: I had been dealing with a terrible headache that would not go away with tylenol  or sudafed.  I talked to my OB about it last Monday and he wasn't concerned.  I left in tears because a} I am pregnant and hormonal and b}because who wants to deal with a headache for nearly 2 weeks. On Friday I went to MFM {I am high risk} and when I told the doctor there how I was feeling she sent me straight to L&D. After 4 hours and a good dose of benydryl and some anti-nausea medicine {they find it treats migraines} I was feeling better and discharged. They gave me a script for the anti-nausea medicine in case I start with another headache/migraine.  It was odd because I didn't have my classic migraine symptoms.

Good news was they checked my bp, did some blood work and took a p p sample and all came back good.  They didn't have any reason to think the headache was pre-e related. So hopefully Baby Boy will cook longer then his sister did!

Gender: Boy - confirmed again last week.

Movement: Some days he just does not stop.  Other days I have to try lots of things to get him to move.

Nursery: Stephen has some touch up painting to do and I have some things to finish organizing.  We are not in bad shape should he decide to arrive early.

Next appointment: Friday I have another ultrasound and doctor's appointment.  I see one of the mid-wives and though I am not sold on the mid-wife thing, the one other time I met her she seemed pretty nice.

This is a picture from my sister's bridal shower on Saturday. 

Hello belly!!

For comparison, here is my 31 week belly when I was pregnant with H.B.Nanna.


No comments: