Monday, April 16, 2012

28 Weeks

By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.
www.babycenter.com





Sleep habits: I find that I am so tired at night I am actually not waking to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.  That makes for quick dashes in the morning!

Maternity clothes: Bring on the warm weather! This past weekend I picked up 2 pairs of shorts.  Thank goodness because I have worn them both already.
 
Food cravings: I ate really poorly this weekend.  I find I am giving in to the ice cream craving a lot...but that is what cravings are, right?

Symptoms: Still swelling. I have had some headaches but my bp is low so that is a good sign.

I passed my glucose test! That makes me happy since I wasn't able to drink the drink {I tend to have a reaction to things that have a lot of Red 40} and they did a fasting/double blood work test.  It was a pain {pregnant women should not have to fast!!} but I am glad it worked out.
Gender: Boy :) Four different ultrasound techs and a doctor have all confirmed it!

Movement: Little boy is moving well.  Last week we had a few slow days which had me a little nervous but as long as I can do something to make him move then I am happy. During my ultrasound today he had his feet and his hands covering his face. Silly boy!

Nursery: I love productive weekends!!  Thanks to my loving husband, Baby Boy has fresh paint in his room!  Three walls are blue and one wall has stripes.  I LOVE the stripes.  The gray really makes the blue pop.  I am painting letters for Baby Boy's name orange.  I saw something similar on Pinterest and I really like it.

Next appointment: I am now on weekly visits with ultrasounds.  This is what happens when your first pregnancy results in severe pre-eclampsia.  As much of a pain it will be going every week for the rest of my pregnancy, I would rather them monitor me more closely then not.

At each ultrasound Baby Boy has to pass an 8 point test.  If he doesn't, then I have to go to the hospital for an NST.  They only give him 30 minutes to pass.  Today we had not problems, thank goodness!

I have to have a Level II once a month until the end of my pregnancy.  I have to travel to the Maternal Fetal Medicine office for that which is about 2 hours away but again...I'd rather be safe then sorry.


Holy Belly!!!! 
I have really been slacking with the belly pics so I snapped this one quickly today.
Shirt is Liz Lange {Target}; Shorts are from Burlington Coat Factory

No comments: