Monday, April 2, 2012

26 weeks

Sorry there was no update last week.  I was in bed for 2 days completely useless as Stephen says.  Getting sick stinks but getting sick when you are pregnant is a million times worse!

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
      www.babycenter.com

Sleep habits: Same.

Maternity clothes: I ordered a dress and capris from Old Navy and they both fit really well. 
Food cravings: I want salty food but I think I have been ding really well limiting myself. And chocolate.  There isn't enough chocolate to make me happy!
Symptoms: Still swelling. I came home from San Francisco last week with a cold. I have been dealing with this for 11 days now {I finished my 5 day antibiotic} and it is still going.  It just really stinks!!

I had a doctors appointment today and my bp was a little high. Nothing to be concerned about yet.  I was to have my glucose test today but because I sometimes have a reaction to Red 40, they are sending me to have it done without dye.

Gender: Boy :)
Movement: This is one active little boy!!

Nursery: Well we have a little progress. H.B.Nanna made the big change to her big girl room last night.  She did really well once she FINALLY fell asleep. Now that she is in her new room, work on the nursery can begin. I have decided that due to time restrictions we are going to forgo the stripes in the nursery. I still want gray and blue {3 walls blue and 1 gray} but I will be nice to Stephen! ;)

Next appointment: I have to go MFM tomorrow for a second Level II ultrasound to look at my uterine arteries.  My regular OB is starting me on 2 week visits with ultrasounds at each visit; my next appointment is April 16th.

I had the pleasure of being in a dear friends wedding this weekend.  Jacqui and I go way back but like they say, even if you don't talk for a number of years we get together and pick up like there was no time lost. 

These are picture from the wedding. I was 25 weeks 6 days in these pictures.
The dress wasn't maternity and they only had to add 3 inches to each side!

I loved my dress!

No comments: