Tuesday, March 20, 2012

24 Weeks

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

www.babycenter.com



Shirt: Liz Lange Maternity (Target)
Pants: Motherhood Maternity




Sleep habits: Same. No changes.

Maternity clothes: I've said it before and I will say it again...someone needs to design CUTE maternity clothes!  I just ordered a dress and capris from Old Navy.  I love that Old Navy has regular waistbands and not the panel waistbands. It's been in the 70s at home and I have no warm weather maternity clothes.  I see some shopping in my future :)

Food cravings: I'll pretty much eat anything. Still. We are on vacation this week in San Francisco so I can't say that I am eating very well. I am "trying" to drink enough water and avoid extra salt but it is hard.

Symptoms: Still swelling. We had a long flight yesterday and I was really swollen but that is to be expected.  I haven't had any more Braxton Hicks contractions which is a good.

Gender: Boy :)

Movement: This is one active little boy. I love when he has his arms and legs going at the same time and I see movement on both sides of my belly.  Of course he will be kicking like crazy and as soon as Stephen puts his hand on my belly, the movement stops.

Nursery: No changes this week.

Next appointment: I have an ultrasound, doctors appointment and my glucose test on April 2nd.

No comments: