Monday, February 13, 2012

19 Weeks

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.
Information from: babycenter.com


How far along: 19 Weeks

Total weight gain: I haven't stepped on the scale lately but I am still smaller then I was with H. B. Nanna.

Sleep habits: I am sleeping at night but I wouldn't say it is good sleep.  I wake up some days feeling like I haven't slept at all.  

Maternity clothes: Yes and let me tell you, someone needs to design cool maternity clothes.  Not every pregnant person enjoys a tie-back shirt.

Food cravings: Avocado. Sushi. Chocolate. Not much of a change from last week.

Symptoms: Nothing major to report. The doctor sent me for blood work last week since I haven't gotten my 2nd trimester energy yet.  Everything came back fine so hopefully my energy will be making an appearance soon.

Movement: I can still feel it. Stpehen and H.B. Nanna have felt it but Stephen can't feel anything now.  The baby must be in an odd position.

Nursery: No news on this.  Thanks to Pinterest I have lots of ideas though.

Next appointment: I go to the MFM office on Friday for my Level II ultrasound and to hopefully find out baby's gender.  I don't go back to my doctor until the 5th.

I can not believe I am posting this picture. It's awful!!!


19 weeks 3 days

No comments: