Monday, February 6, 2012

18 Weeks

Almost half way there!!  We don't find out if baby is a boy or girl till the 17th.  I am {trying to} patiently wait.

I know I promised a belly pic but I spent the weekend in my pajamas and I didn't do my hair once...I didn't want to scare you away!!


This is baby today:

Head to rump, your baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and he weighs almost 7 ounces. He's busy flexing his arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. His blood vessels are visible through his thin skin, and his ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from his head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around his nerves, a process that will continue for a year after he's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If you're having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.
Information courtesy of babycenter.com

How far along: 18 Weeks

Total weight gain: I am at about 12 pounds..give or take ;) I am smaller then I was with H. B. Nanna.

Sleep habits: I seem to be sleeping well for the most part.  Stephen was traveling recently and I didn't sleep well those nights but I don't think that was baby related. Some nights I wake in the middle of the night and have trouble going back to sleep but that doesn't seem to be to offten.

Maternity clothes: Yep.  I made it through my first trimester in my regular clothes which was awesome because I couldn't do that with Hanna. I am now into maternity bottoms and more or less almost all my maternity tops.  The problem I am having is that my seasons for maternity clothes are off.  All my winter clothes are rather large {H.B.Nanna was born in January}.

Food cravings: Avocado. Sushi. Onion dip. Great combination, right?

Symptoms: Nothing major to report. 

Movement: I can feel it.  H.B. Nanna has felt it.  Hopefully Stephen will feel it soon.
The first time H.B. Nanna got "kicked" she was very upset.  She didn't like that the baby kicked her because kicking isn't nice.

Nursery: Haven't really thought about it yet.  H.B. Nanna will be moving into one of the guest rooms and baby will take her room.  I have some ideas {darn Pinterest} but I can't do anything about them until we find out boy/girl.

Next appointment: I go to the doctors on the 8th for my monthly visit. I go to the MFM office on the 17th for my Level II ultrasound. They want me to have the Level II since I had pre-e with H.B.Nanna and because I showed placenta previa at my Level I. Luckily the placenta previa hasn't been causing any issues thus far {fingers crossed!}

I added a poll to the right - let me know what you think....is Baby #2 a boy or a girl?

No comments: