Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Age

It's funny that when you are young, you think 25 is old and that your Parents are ancient. I mean after all your Mom's prom picture is on stone ;)

When you reach the age of 25, your Parents don't seem so old {maybe just older} and you start to have more of an appreciation for the elderly.

Then you reach 30 and your Parents are still young and if you are fortunate enough to still have Grandparents or Great-Grandparents in your life then you consider yourself fourtunate.

Last year I hit the 30 milestone.  I was going through some things in life and my birthday was really just like another day to me.  I don't know that I took the time to think about what it meant.

Next week I turn 31.
Some say I am so young and others say I am so old. I appreciate my Parents and my Grandmother. I wish I could enjoy this time in my life with the Grandparents that are no longer with me.

I think about how fortunate I am to have a loving husband, a beautiful daughter and people in my life that have supported me through some difficult times.  I may not have always made the right choices{in some eyes} but I have learned that everything happens for a reason. Yes, there are things I wish I could have done differently but you can't dwell on that stuff. 


I am happy where I am in life. 

Even if I may be young. Or old.


No comments: