Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time Out

For the record I hate time out. I think sometimes it is worse for me. I feel bad. I don't want her to be there but sometimes she needs it.

Like tonight, she got home from daycare at 5:15 and by 6:30 she had spent at least 20 minutes in time out. Excessive? Yep. It wasn't a constant 20 minutes but it was darn close. My rule is that she has to stop crying before she can get up.

It was awful.

Did I say that already??

Why was she there? The first time was for hitting me. Major no-no in my book. Not just hitting me, hitting anyone. The second time was for monkeying around in her chair at dinner. She was warned but I guess she didn't believe me. This was the bad time out. Kicking, screaming, sobbing...you name it. When she was done she returned to her dinner which she informed was now cold. Hmmm I wonder why.

I really hope this gets better.

It gets better, right????

No comments: