Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tasty Tuesday

Go Go Soup


Really that is what it is called? Yep.

There is a large soup manufacturer who makes soup in different character shapes that my daughter enjoys. We don’t eat it regularly but it a nice easy, once in a while lunch.

After seeing how much she enjoyed it, I made some easy chili one day and we called it Go Go soup. {Go Go is what she calls a certain boy explorer}

This chili is super easy and not spicy so Hanna can enjoy it.

I make smaller portions so this may need to be doubled if necessary.


1 15.5 ounce can of dark/light red kidney beans

1 15.5 ounce can of garbanzo beans

1 15.5 ounce can of great northern beans

1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce

1 15.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes

1 onion chopped

½ cup chopped zucchini

1 lb cooked ground beef

¼ teaspoon chili powder

¼ teaspoon cumin

1 clove chopped garlic


Cook the ground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper. Place all of the ingredients into your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, stirring occasionally.

When serving I top the chili with shredded cheese.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Yummy! That looks delish! Following you from the blog hop.
http://supermamawannabe.blogspot.com

I Try Stuff On said...

Cute blog! I found you via the Blog it Forward blog hop! I am now a GFC follower.

http://itrystuffon.blogspot.com

Kristina said...

haha i love the idea of "go-go" soup. I should make Cars soup or something like it ;) I'm a new follower from the blog hop! I can't wait to read more of your posts.

~Kristina
www.cobbled-stone.blogspot.com