Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas!

I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas!  We had a wonderful time with our family friends on Christmas Day and the days leading up to it.

Christmas Eve started with a visit from Brandon {Hanna’s Godfather} and Hanna was lucky enough to receive a china tea set and a cooking apron set. Of course the tea set will be put away until I think she is ready for it {i.e. won’t throw it at the dog!} but the apron is necessary for her to “cook” since she is pretending to do that a lot now.

 
Then we were off on our traditional Christmas Eve lunch with my Dad. It started when my sister and I were younger as a way for my Dad to get us out of the house so my Mom could get some things done. Well our family has grown and the lunch crowd has grown. We tried a new place near my parent’s house that was a little more child friendly.
 
Christmas Eve my parents had their normal open house. The crowd has gotten much smaller as families grow and new traditions begin. Stephen and I did not attend church because we wanted to be there to help Santa find Hanna at Grandma and Granpa’s house.

I was {still am a little} upset that we forgot to leave cookies and milk out for Santa. I realized about 10 minutes after Hanna went to bed. I could probably have woken her to help me but with my luck she would not have wanted to go back to sleep.



Christmas morning Hanna was kind enough to sleep till about 7:15.  Aunt Becki and Laci {the dog} arrived before Hanna and well pretty much all of us woke up.   We started to open some presents and then we were joined by our big extended family.  It was a nice relaxing Christmas morning.

 We wanted to be on our way to Stephen’s family by about noon and I am pleased to say we actually left on time. Shocking! When we got there we put Hanna down for her nap and all the “big” kids opened their presents. We did a pollyanna this year with all of the children. It was a nice change and meant there was more room in the car for all of Hanna’s stuff! When Hanna woke from her nap it was time for her to open presents and for us all to have dinner.


We had planned to stay overnight with Stephen’s family but the forecasters were calling for a blizzard that was to start early the next morning so we opted to leave right after dinner. We made it home in good time though we did drive through some snow. 

No comments: