Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Recap

Saturday we went to our first Punkin Chunkin. What an experience! It was cold, muddy and the stroller really wasn't an option. 

I was amazed at the people and things I saw.  I can only describe as really being a place not for children.  The "tailgating" that people do is unbelievable.  One group had a leather sofa next to a fire pit.  There was another group with a port-o-potty on the back of their truck.

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

The crowds {or well the people that are actually there for the Chunk} go crazy when the pumpkins go flying.  The noise when the pumpkin explodes at take off is even louder.

We watched a few pumpkins fly then we made our way down to the vendors. There were some inflatables for the kids to play on.  Hanna LOVED the slide.  I went down with her the first time and I did not like it.  It was a gentle reminder of how much I fear heights and falling. Stephen thought she would like to go down the slide on her own. You can judge for yourself but I don't think she liked it to much.



We randomly bumped into some friends from Jersey.  It was so great to see them and to catch up.

I don't have any other pictures from the Chunk.  I know you are sad :(

No comments: