Friday, September 10, 2010

Huge

Last week I received an email from a friend and it the middle of the email it said something like this....

OMG!!! Hanna is getting HUGE!!

Some people might take that to mean huge as in a hefty little one. Not I. I knew what she meant.

A few days before I received that email Stephen and I were at the store and I had found a cute late fall/early winter outfit for Hanna. It was 24 months. The woman at the register was trying to be nice. {We won’t talk about how she was quickly shoveling a snack in her face when we approached the counter and that the entire time we were checking out she kept trying to remove the crumbs from her enormous large chest} The conversation went a little like this…

Cashier - How old is your daughter?

Me - She’ll be 20 months this week.

Cashier - She must be huge.

Well gee, thanks for that lady! I explained to her that Hanna is very tall and we need that size more for her height then because of her weight. I don’t think she bought it.

When we took Hanna for her checkup in August she was still in the 95 percentile for her height. I don’t think I really noticed it until I put one of her 18 month dresses on her a few weeks ago and it looked like a mini dress.

Poor child. I hate having to buy pants that are longs. Excuse me, I mean huge.

1 comment:

behind the fourth door said...

Aww:) You know I meant that she doesn't need the big and tall store for little ladies :) She just now looks so far removed from the teeny tiny baby that you brought home from the hospital that it is almost surreal.