Thursday, August 26, 2010

Potty Training



Dare I say it….

I think we are potty training in our house.

Is it odd that I think Hanna is more ready for it then I am??

Stephen started it with her after several people told us they thought she was ready. I didn’t believe it. Then she actually started going. Now she has far fewer wet diapers. Like she doesn’t wet one all night. She goes on the potty before bed and when she wakes up. Yesterday she pulled the sitter into the bathroom because she had to go.

I guess I should be glad she doesn’t like wet diapers. My budget will like it too!

What’s funny to me is that she can’t tell me what she has to do but she knows when she has to do it. We aren’t forcing the issue. If she goes she goes. If she doesn’t then that’s fine to. I’m not all about letting her sit there for an extended period of time in hopes that she might go.

Any potty training tips that you would like to share? I haven’t done much reading about it because I didn’t think we I was ready but maybe it’s time I should…

1 comment:

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Love your cute cute blog!! And potty tips, keep the potty chair accessible! I put it (gulp) in the living room for a week so my girls could sit on it while watching movies. Then they felt the feeling of peeing in it and after 2-3 days, they got the hang of it. It's just misery being tied down that long. Good luck!!!

Oh and P.S. Don't give in to the temptation of putting her in pull ups (except at night maybe). It just sets them back!