Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tasty Tuesday

This seriously is one of my favorite recipes. I discovered a love of sauerkraut when I was pregnant and lucky for me, 17 months post delivery, and I still love it!

Chicken Reuben in the Crockpot

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 pound bag sauerkraut, drained and rinsed (you may want more, it all depends on your personal taste)
4 slices of swiss cheese
1 1/4 cup thousand island dressing
1 tablespoon fresh parsley (optional)

Place chicken in crockpot. Layer chicken with sauerkraut and cheese. Top all of this with the thousand island dressing. Sprinkle with parsley (optional).

Cook on low 6 to 8 hours.

I find that if I start it in the crockpot at noon, by 5 or 5:30 it is done. And it always smells so good, that by that time I am ready to eat it. All.

Yum!

No comments: