Friday, June 18, 2010

Potty time Privacy?!?

I remember growing up my Mom always used to say that when I became a Mother one day I would understand what privacy in the bathroom was. I would always laugh at that.

I’m not laughing anymore!

When Morgan was a puppy I would bring her into the bathroom with me when I took a shower. It was my way of knowing where she was and that she wasn’t destroying anything. I’d put the trashcan on top of the toilet and she would lie on the rug in front of the tub.

When Stephen and I started dating he found this strange. He didn’t understand why Morgan always wanted to be in the bathroom with him when he showered. Now, it’s routine. If she isn’t in the bathroom with you, she is laying outside the bathroom door.

But now there is a new kid on the block. She takes control of the bathroom with her toys and clothes. She insists on being in the bathroom with me every time I’m in there. I try not to laugh when she comes to watch me go potty. I tell her what I am doing. I don’t know if she comprehends it but I tell her anyway. She knows that when I brush my teeth it is time for her to brush her teeth. She knows where the drawer with the brushes and hair clips are. This drawer can entertain her for quite some time.

Gone are the days of long relaxing showers (unless Daddy volunteers to play toys downstairs while I shower). Gone are the days of not having an audience while I go potty. Gone are the days of standing in front of the mirror and not having to worry that someone is going to swipe the blush brush.

As frustrating as it can be sometimes, I wouldn’t change a thing about it. Is this my naive-ness talking because I am still a fairly new Mom???

No comments: