Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Gram


This was Hanna Mother’s Day 2009.

My how she has grown.

I don’t know if it is knowing that Mother’s Day is just a few days away or what but I have been thinking about my Grandmother more then usual the last few days.

Don’t get me wrong, I think about her every day. Every time I say Hanna’s name. Hanna was Gram’s maiden name and I thought it was a great way to honor her.

I think about her every time Hanna tries to climb on the wooden rocking horse that was Grams. We had to remove the handle because she thought it was a teether.

Yesterday Hanna learned how to climb in and out of the big wooden rocking chair in her room. When my parents were preparing to sell my Grandmother’s house after she passed, I mentioned that I would really love to have her rocking chair for use {one day} in a nursery. Watching Hanna with such determination in her eyes to master this chair brought me to tears. It was at that moment that I realized Hanna will only know about her Great Grandmother from what I, my sister or my parents tell her.

I take faith in knowing that she is with me everyday and that she knows how much I love her. She was able to meet and get to know Stephen. Gram used to scratch her scalp when she had a case of the nerves and Stephen was always quick to scold her. I laugh thinking about her getting angry with him for scolding her. We had such high hopes that she would be present at our wedding but alas she was determined to get to heaven for my Grandfather’s birthday.

I can’t wait to {really} show pictures to Hanna of her Great Grandma and tell her how much I know that she loves her.

 
Happy Mother’s Day Gram! I love you :)


_________________________________________________________________________________
Only 1 day left to enter the CSN Store $40 Giftcard Giveaway!!  Don't miss it!!

No comments: