Monday, May 24, 2010

An evaluation

There is nothing like attending a wedding to make you evaluate your marriage.

We attended a wedding this weekend and for once I have to admit, I actually listened to what the priest said. He didn’t sugar coat things. He didn't say that there marriage was going to be a wonderful, blissful ride. No, he said they will fight. They will argue. There will be days when they don’t speak to each other.

{Ok, this wasn’t what he said word for word…I’m paraphrasing}

But he said that they are a team and as a team they will get through it and that there marriage will be stronger because of it.

I think it is very true. I am no marriage expert. Stephen and I have been married 2 years and 2 months. {I would jokingly say that feels like FOREVER but I won’t!} We have had our share of ups and downs. Long night conversations/disagreements that leave us more tired the next day. Those days where we don’t talk about the problem, just go through the day as normal as possible, only talking when we have to.

I don’t like to go to bed angry at him. Has it happened? Yes. Will it happen again? Yes. Is this perfectly normal? Yes. Would it be weird if that didn’t happen? Yes. But I think that it has made us stronger as a couple.

All of the things we have been though have made me love my husband more. It just shows that no matter what, we can through things together.

I wish Dave and Lyne a very happy lifetime full of up, downs and in-betweens. Because if you didn’t have them…it wouldn’t be normal!!

No comments: