Saturday, May 15, 2010

Challenge

The transition from milk bottle to milk sippy is proving to be harder then I thought.

Don’t get me wrong…Hanna will drink the milk from the cup but she isn’t drinking as much as she was when it was in a bottle.

I’m not worried about dehydration because what she isn’t drinking in milk, she is making up in Pedialyte and/or water.

We started with this cup…

The first time I gave her millk in it, she drank nearly all of it. But it leaks and the suction part is at the top of the straw making the straw wider then Hanna is used to. So now she doesn't like it.

So today I bought this cup….



We have had the one on the left (without the straw) and Hanna has liked juice in that. I thought I would try the same thing with a straw for the milk. At first she really like it. She drank her milk and screamed when I took it from her. Then she wanted nothing to do with it.

I was frustrated and she was tired.

I had a few of these in the back of the cabinet and at this point, I didn’t think I had much to lose so I put milk in it. My little, adorable stinker drank a decent amount of milk out of it.
 
I don’t want to give in and give her a bottle. I feel like that is a GIANT step backwards. But I have 2 more days with her before I have to go to work. I am hoping for great things in those 2 days!!

No comments: