Friday, April 30, 2010

We are not friends

Ok seriously….. We don’t live in the country. We don’t live in the city. We live in the suburbs.

I grew up in this town and while I love it, I am learning more and more about as I get older. I’m not talking politics or anything like that. I am talking wildlife.

I turn out of my development and I have to watch for wild turkeys.

In the morning I have to watch for deer.

But this my friend is were I draw the line…..


We are not friends. I didn’t invite you into my backyard. I believe that is called trespassing….

And who do you think you are scaring and spraying my dog. Not once but twice in the last year. REALLY?!?!?

This spraying was worse then the last but I still don’t think it was as bad as it could have been. Morgan had a flour and vinegar bath which really seemed to work. I read something about the flour neutralizing the oil from the spray and the vinegar neutralizing the odor in the oil. I think she smells like a vinegar dog now but it is better then a skunk smelling dog.

I am continuing to air out the house because my cutesy wootesy doggy ran in the house immediately following said spraying. Nice.


We managed to contain her in one of the bathrooms which has now had a floor to ceiling scrubbing.

Seriously...there is never a dull moment in this house!

 
Don't forget to enter in the CSN Stores Giveaway!

4 comments:

Lesley said...

oh god! That is awful I'm sorry...at least you haven't seen a porcupine yet? I hope? Bad skunk...very very bad!

I'm Just Sayin' - Kerri said...

Happy SITS saturday! Your poor dog - I've only heard about tomato juice - good to keep in mind the flour and vinegar! Thanks.

"Queen" Vic said...

Ack! Oh no! I live in DC and we have rats...which might be just as ugly and smelly!

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Jen and Joe said...

You poor thing!

Hang in there. I'm sure Morgan's not thrilled with your new "guests" either.

Stopping by from SITS.

~Jen @ ourfinehouse