Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reassessing

Sometime last week I stumbled upon this blog. I can not even begin to tell you how Shanna, Layla and the Marsh family have affected me. They are courageous beyond belief. Every time I read this blog I find I cry more and more. My heart aches for this family.

I have learned one very important lesson in the short time I have been reading about them. It is so important to value each and every day. I think most parents that have been following Layla’s journey are reassessing their lives and letting that last load of laundry sit a little while longer. I know that I am a stickler about getting the dishes done right after dinner. I think that moving forward they will wait till Hanna is in bed. I know that no television show or blog entry will ever be more important then the time I could be spending with my child.

While their blog may be difficult to read, I encourage you to visit them and tonight before you go to bed, say a prayer for them {or take a minute and think of them}.

1 comment:

phoebe said...

thanks, sometimes we all need a reminder. Even if it does ruin your makeup.